Board your yacht in Bodrum Harbour. Cruise to Karaada (Black island) for an afternoon of swimming and watersports or stay in Bodrum Harbour for the night. If yours is the latter choice, explore Bodrum Castle, built by the Knights of St. John during the Crusades and now home to the fabulous Museum of Underwater Archaeology. Bodrum is famous for its nightlife, so dine out in style, stroll through the bazaar, visit e café or dance until dawn.
Entrance to Greek waters after the custom formalities.. Cos island has been well populated since Neolithic times. About 700 BCE, together with the five other cities of the Hexapolis (Knidos, Lalysos, Lindos, Halikarnassos and Kamiros), Kos was an outpost of the Dorian League. The island was celebrated for the oldest cult site of the healing god Asklepios and for a medical school of which the most famous representative was Hippokrates (5th c. BCE).
The beautiful island of Symi (Italian Simi, Turkish Sombeki) lays about 23 nm north-west of Rhodes flanked by two Turkish peninsula. It has a much-indented coast, ideal for a sailing holiday and according to Homer it possessed eight good harbours. The inhabitants live of sponge-fishing and boat-building.
Rhodes, the largest of the Dodecanese and the fourth largest Greek island (after Crete, Euboea and Lesbos), is a favourite port when visiting the south east of Greece. The capital, also called Rhodes, occupies the northernmost tip of the island. There are actually three cities on this site - modern, ancient and mediaeval. The modern town has a cosmopolitan character, many late 20th century buildings and hotels. The ancient town, which was founded in 408 BC according to plans by Hippodamos of Milesios (the first town planner), started from Monte Smith hill where the acropolis stood and extended as far as what is now the mediaeval city. All that left of it today is the ruins of the temples of Zeus, Athena Poliados and Apollo, the Stadium, Gymnasium and the Theatre, which has been restored. The mediaeval city is still surrounded by the high walls erected by the Knights. It is divided by an inner wall into two unequal parts, the smaller Collachio and the larger Burgo or Hora. Collachio is further split by the Street of the Knights, both of whose sides are lined with the sombre stone facades of the Inns of the Tongues or nationalities that belonged to the order of the Knights of St. John.
Nisiros and Tilos islands. Nisyros is a green and well-watered island, with fertile soil which is cultivated on laboriously construced terraces on the outward-facing slopes. Nisyros was originally settled by Dorians from Kos and Kamiros. In 1312 it was occupied by the Knights of St John, and later became a fief of the Assanti family. It was taken by the Turks in 1533.
Tilos has been one of the best-kept secrets in the Dodecanese for some time, with good unspoiled beaches, friendly people and wonderful walking country: a tranquil antidote to Kos town. From a distance it looks arid but it shelters groves of figs, almonds, walnuts, pomegranates and olives, all watered by fresh springs.
Disembarkation at 10:00 after breakfast